The first year I became a supervisor, I stressed out looking for cool gifts to give out to staff and coworkers. You can imagine that those little trinkets add up. One year, I went to the convenient store and bought twenty something two dollar scratch off cards and then put into holiday cards – that I handwritten to each coworker. Not that I was expecting a gift in return, but still that was a lot of work for people that I didn’t even go out to lunch with. Sometimes it’s not about what they receive but how you feel when you give, especially during this time of the year.
Coworkers don’t always reveal their life story to you. A little token of appreciation at the end of the year is a kind gesture for some who may not have anyone at home or in their lives at all to receive anything from. I often think of those people and thought of gifts that while on their desk or personally using, they would appreciate and quietly be thankful for receiving. I put together a list of 7 gifts that may put a smile on that employee or coworkers face, if only for the day you give it to them.
Coworkers who need stress relief:
- Government Life: A Snarky Coloring Book for Adults: 50 Funny Colouring Pages for Local, State and Federal Government Employees for Relaxation & Stress Relief
- Brain Games – Color by Number: Stress-Free Coloring (Pink)You may want to purchase some color pencils too – this may bring your total up a tad from $10 but less than $20.
Coworkers who love caffeine:
Disclaimer– the sample pack of coffee is within the budget of this post but with the oil will cost more… yet still affordable.
Now you can rise and shine every day with Nova Smart Coffee, a premium, 100% organic, fair trade Arabica Coffee from Brazil with a rich, smooth flavor and a natural low acidity. Nova is enhanced with ayurvedic botanical nootropics and adaptogens that may improve cognitive function, memory, motivation, and creativity.
Black Seed (Nigella Sativa) is a traditional herb that has been used for centuries to promote health and general well-being. Black Seed Extract does not contain CBD or THC.
- BOH Tea Gift Variety Box Cameronian Black, Lime Ginger, Lemon Mandarin, Camomile, Peppermint, Lemon Myrtle I received a box of lovely scented and tasting tea bags last year, it was a kind gift because my coworker knew that I stopped drinking coffee.
Coworkers who have a tidy desk and display cute things:
- Banatree Design Mouse Pad, Inspirational Quotes Laugh More Worry Less Don’t Forget to Be Awesome,Quote pad Custom,Office Mouse pad Personalized Design Non-Slip Rubber Mousepad
- ThoughtFulls Pop-Open Cards by Compendium: You’re Awesome — 30 pop-Open Cards, Each with a Different Inspiring Message Inside
Coworkers that fill up plastic cups multiple times a day:
- Contigo JKG100A01 Jackson Reusable Water Bottle, 24 oz, Greyed Jade
If you are like me and become anxious about wasting money on gifts YOU think are cool but the recipient may not, just get a damn gift card. The key to getting a gift card is to put it in a handwritten card! Since you’re not taking the time to think of a gift for individual coworkers or employees, you want to put a nice touch or thought into a nice mention towards the holidays.