The first year I became a supervisor, I stressed out looking for cool gifts to give out to staff and coworkers. You can imagine that those little trinkets add up. One year, I went to the convenient store and bought twenty something two dollar scratch off cards and then put into holiday cards – that I handwritten to each coworker. Not that I was expecting a gift in return, but still that was a lot of work for people that I didn’t even go out to lunch with. Sometimes it’s not about what they receive but how you feel when you give, especially during this time of the year.
Coworkers don’t always reveal their life story to you. A little token of appreciation at the end of the year is a kind gesture for some who may not have anyone at home or in their lives at all to receive anything from. I often think of those people and thought of gifts that while on their desk or personally using, they would appreciate and quietly be thankful for receiving. I put together a list of 7 gifts that may put a smile on that employee or coworkers face, if only for the day you give it to them.
DISCLAIMER: **This post contains affiliate links, which means when you buy something through my links it won’t cost you anything extra. Some of these links may contain a discount or two (yay!) plus your clicks allows me to receive some pennies to go towards growing the blog. So thanks and let’s get to buying our coworkers some gifts!**
Coworkers who need stress relief:
- Government Life: A Snarky Coloring Book for Adults: 50 Funny Colouring Pages for Local, State and Federal Government Employees for Relaxation & Stress Relief You may want to purchase some color pencils too – this may bring your total up a tad from $10 but less than $20.
- Brain Games – Color by Number: Stress-Free Coloring (Pink) You may want to purchase some color pencils too – this may bring your total up a tad from $10 but less than $20.
Coworkers who loves caffeine:
- BOH Tea Gift Variety Box Cameronian Black, Lime Ginger, Lemon Mandarin, Camomile, Peppermint, Lemon Myrtle I received a box of lovely scented and tasting tea bags last year, it was a kind gift because my coworker knew that I stopped drinking coffee.
- Cafe Du Monde Coffee Chicory, 15 Ounce Ground If your coworker has never traveled to New Orleans, this is a kind gift to sip in a quiet space listening to some jazz, maybe get a string of beads to go along with the gift.
Coworkers who have a tidy desk and display cute things:
- Banatree Design Mouse Pad, Inspirational Quotes Laugh More Worry Less Don’t Forget to Be Awesome,Quote pad Custom,Office Mouse pad Personalized Design Non-Slip Rubber Mousepad
- ThoughtFulls Pop-Open Cards by Compendium: You’re Awesome — 30 pop-Open Cards, Each with a Different Inspiring Message Inside
Coworkers that fill up water bottles multiple times a day:
- Contigo JKG100A01 Jackson Reusable Water Bottle, 24 oz, Greyed Jade
If you are like me and become anxious about wasting money on gifts YOU think are cool but the recipient may not, just get a damn gift card. The key to getting a gift card is to put it in a handwritten card! Since you’re not taking the time to think of a gift for individual coworkers or employees, you want to put a nice touch or thought into a nice mention towards the holidays.