All Guest Posts must comply with the following criteria:
- Guest Posts must be your own original work. Submitted content must not have been published on any other website, social media network, chat or forum.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that submission of content to simplykatricia.com does not conflict with any copyright or publication rights already granted to other publishers, and simplykatricia.com is not responsible for any infringement of external publication rights.
- All quotations from other authors or publications must be properly cited. Posts will acknowledge your authorship but will be the property of simplykatricia.com.
- Once the post has been submitted to simplykatricia.com you may not publish it anywhere, whether online or in a paper version, in part or in whole, including your own website or blog.
- If we use your guest post, you may promote it on your own website, or social media forums. Promoting the content does not give you permission to post the entire article on these forums. You may include a link to your guest post and a short sentence or two explaining what the article is about.
- All Guests Post must follow the simplykatricia.com Technical Guidelines:
- Guest post submissions should be kept between 500 and 1,000 words and should be submitted in Word format. In simplykatricia.com discretion, longer posts may be allowed if the topic warrants, but the final length of the guest post shall be determined solely by simplykatricia.com.
- Source links should be completely listed as endnote and not linked within the document.
- You must supply a title for the guest post (no more than ten words), which may be edited by simplykatricia.com in its sole discretion.
- You must provide your full name, physical address, phone number, email address, and links to your website, blog, and/or social media platforms at the time of submitting your post.
- Photo/video submissions are permitted. Please send all media as separate attachments when submitting your post. For information regarding digital media within posts, please see section 16.
- The Guest Post writers affiliate links will not be included in guest post submissions. simplykatricia.com reserves the right to add its own affiliate links where appropriate.
- Guest Post writers will receive written credit as the author of their post at the beginning of the article. Guest Post writers may submit a short bio statement (no more than 50 words) that may or may not be used at the beginning of the article. A photo may be submitted for bio use that may or may not be used.
- Guest Post writers will be permitted to have up to 3 links within their author bio at the end of the guest post. The guest writers’ personal website, blog or social media accounts are acceptable links. Affiliate links or links that direct readers to an affiliate site will not be permitted. simplykatricia.com reserves the right to remove the authors’ links within simplykatricia.com.
- simplykatricia.com does not pay for Guest Post submissions or publications. If you decide to submit a post to simplykatricia.com, you do so with the knowledge that you shall not be entitled to any compensation for writing the post or for any other compensation related to the post.
- simplykatricia.com welcomes images and/or video to accompany your guest post as long as they meet the following requirements:
- The Guest Post writer must be the copyright holder of the image/video OR the image/video must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or in the public domain. Proof must be submitted along with any image/video showing that it does not infringe on copyright laws.
- simplykatricia.com reserves the right to change/edit the image/video if necessary.
- If people are included in the image/video, then the Guest Post writer must provide a written release allowing the use of image/video.
- Video/image submissions must be relevant to the post.
- simplykatricia.com reserves the right to deny or remove any image/video it deems inappropriate or contrary to the values of the simplykatricia.com company and brand.
- simplykatricia.com will share and promote the Guest Post on a variety of social media networks, but does not guarantee any site or audience reach.
- Links to any third-party site must be relevant to the topic and approved by simplykatricia.com.
- All search engine optimization (“SEO”) information, such as anchor text or alt tags, will be reviewed and subject to inclusion at the discretion of simplykatricia.com.
- Excessive links or links that appear to be affiliated or spam related will be removed at the discretion of simplykatricia.com.
- All Guest Posts are reviewed and approved by simplykatricia.com prior to posting.
- simplykatricia.com reserves the right to edit Guest Posts where necessary.
- simplykatricia.com reserves the right to refuse publication or remove a Guest post without prior notice to the Guest Post writer.
- By providing a Guest Post to simplykatricia.com, you agree that you are in no way becoming a part of the website or company, nor shall you hold yourself out to be a member of the simplykatricia.com website or company.
- If a Guest Post submission is inappropriate or needs improvements, a simplykatricia.com representative will let you know and offer suggestions so that it may be published at a later time. simplykatricia.com will review your submissions in a timely manner. simplykatricia.com reserves the right to refuse publication of any Guest Post.
By submitting a Guest Post to [email protected], you agree that you have read and understand this agreement and agree to be bound by it.
This will be my year. We repeat it, an affirmation, a determination to control all that the year will bring. But do we leave ourselves enough wiggle room, and do we do it with our own best interests at heart? Or do we build it around the expectation of what we think we should be aiming for, or what kind of person we think we should be?
For many of us, the greatest joy in photography is to travel to far-away lands, seeking idyllic locations, that we can only dream about, and then do our very best to capture them. But do we need to travel to capture perfect sights of winter? All around us are places of beauty waiting to be captured and we pass them every day.